Wisconsin Potatoes is partnering with Alice in Dairyland and Meijer retail stores to bring you a unique potato recipe that is sure to get you through any day. So grab your apron, knives and cutting boards for a FREE 60-minute virtual cooking class that brings America’s favorite vegetable to the front stage.
We will walk you step-by-step through the recipe and answer any of your questions along the way!
The featured recipe is “French Roasted Potato Power Bowl,” courtesy of Meijer, Inc.
French Roasted Potato Power Bowl
- 1 lb. Russet Potatoes about 2 medium potatoes, washed and diced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- Seasoning Mix
- • ½ Tsp Dried Basil
- • ½ Tsp Dried Thyme
- • ½ Tsp Dried Oregano
- • ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 1 Bunch Lacinato Kale washed and stripped of the rib and torn into smaller pieces
- 1 Lemon halved
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Frederik’s Honey and Sea Salt Cheddar Cheese grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 425°F. To a large bowl, add the diced potatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil and the seasoning mix spices. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix well. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add the additional 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the kale and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Allow the kale to cook down, about 5 minutes. Once cooked down, add the juice of one lemon half (or both if you love lemon!)
- In a small skillet, cook eggs your favorite way!
- To two bowls, divide the roasted potatoes topped with the kale mixture and eggs. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Finally, drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!