Grab those Fall Veggies and Run to the Kitchen
It’s harvest time! Potatoes, squash, cabbage, rutabaga, turnips — yum! As the temperatures drop and the summer skies give way to some gray, autumnal days, these fall veggies can bring some comfort in the form of stews, soups, casseroles and tarts.
Here are some delicious ways to reap the rewards of your garden, warm up and fuel up in a nutritious, healthy way.
- This Herbed Summer Squash and Potato Torte is as beautiful as it is tasty. The recipe features Yukon Gold potatoes.
- Never underestimate a casserole! This Potato and Squash Casserole combines the subtle flavor of red potatoes and yellow summer squash with the sharpness of a good cheddar and crisp bacon.
- Looking for comfort food? Look no further. This Provencal Summer Squash and Potato Gratin is a beautiful mix of sweet Vidalia onions, Yukon Gold potatoes, squash, zucchini, rosemary and Manchego cheese.
- Irresistible! This Shepherd’s Pie with Rutabaga Topping is filled with a diverse blend of autumnal vegetables, including russet or Yukon gold potatoes.
- Try a new twist on a typical gratin with this Turnip and Potato Gratin featuring nutmeg and Romano cheese.