Eight Great Reasons to Eat Wisconsin Potatoes
Tara Gidus, blogger for Eat Better America, has eight very convincing reasons to make potatoes a part of your healthy lifestyle.
- Potatoes are high in antioxidants.
- Potatoes contain a complex carbohydrate — resistant starch — that can help “good” bacteria growth in your large intestine.
- The high potassium (614 mg) and low sodium content of potatoes can help you maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Blue, red, white, gold. Potatoes have plenty of variety.
- Potatoes are gluten-free.
- The typical medium-size potato has 2g of fiber — and that means a healthy digestive tract.
- Potatoes are rich in Vitamin C — providing 45% of the daily recommended dose.
- Potatoes are very versatile, which means they can be used in a variety of healthy recipes such as: