Cold Potato Recipes for a Hot 4th of July
It’s hot outside! And what better way to cool up and fuel up than a nice cold potato dish?
Potatoes are packed with nutrition:
- 620 g of potassium
- 45% of recommended daily Vitamin C intake
- 2 g of fiber
And potatoes are gluten-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free and sodium-free!
We’ve assembled a collection of cold Wisconsin potato recipes that will help you keep your cool as you celebrate July 4th.
- Livestrong.com shares five fiber-filled chilled potato recipes: Potato-Leek Soup, Country Potato Salad, Lebanese Potato Salad, Steak and Potatoes Salad.
- You can’t go wrong with this Cold-Fashioned Potato Salad. Toss a few Wisconsin red potatoes, a dash of cider vinegar, parsley, mustard powder, fresh tarragon, garlic, red onion, celery and cornichons in a bit of mayonnaise — then flavor with kosher salt and pepper.
- Vichyssoise anyone? (It’s a cream, cold potato soup). Easy to assemble — and devour — this recipe features leeks, onion, chives and (of course) potatoes.
- This Mediterranean Potato Salad is spectacular! Enjoy Wisconsin potatoes accompanied by green bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, feta, lemon and an Italian-style dressing. Add a few pita bread wedges and you’re all set.