Children’s Education Program Featuring Wisconsin Potatoes is Nominated for an Emmy® Award
A hearty congratulations to Discover Mediaworks for being recognized, once again, for their outstanding children’s educational program Into the Outdoors. Recently the show’s Tater Tales episode was nominated for an Emmy® award. The episode offers children the opportunity to trace the path of a Wisconsin potato from seed to plate.
The episode features :
- A general history of Wisconsin potatoes.
- The nutritional benefits of a Wisconsin potato.
- A showcase of the diverse Wisconsin potato varieties.
- Lessons in crop rotation and harvesting potatoes.
- Demonstrations of the technologies used to grow, harvest, clean and process Wisconsin potatoes.
- A look at Wisconsin potato growers’ eco-conservation efforts.
- An entertaining look at how Wisconsin potato chips are made.
We’d like to thank Discover Mediaworks for sharing the Wisconsin potato story. And we’d like to thank the Wisconsin potato growers and University of Wisconsin researchers who helped make the Tater Tales episode a success — Jeb Barzen, Jed Colquhoun, Andy Diercks, Russ Groves Tom Wild and Russell Wysocki.