- 5 lbs bone-in short ribs trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1⅓ cups Zinfindel
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 6 large Wisconsin potatoes washed, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 lb small fresh mushrooms cleaned and trimmed
- 1 10-oz pkg frozen whole green beans
- 1 16-oz can peeled whole tomatoes undrained
- Dredge ribs in flour to coat; reserve leftover flour.
- Heat oil in 8-quart Dutch oven on moderate heat.
- Add half of ribs and brown on all sides. Once browned, remove ribs. Repeat instructions for remaining ribs.
- Stir in the reserved flour. White stirring, add 1 cup water and wine and stir until thickened.
- Return ribs to the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer for about 1 hour, or until ribs are tender.
- Remove ribs with slotted spoon and cover with foil to keep warm
- Add potatoes, mushrooms and beans. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add ribs and tomatoes with liquid, and heat through.
- Use slotted spoon to remove meat and vegetables to large serving platter.
- Move gravy to serving container and serve with ribs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!