Wisconsin Potato “Nachos”
Wisconsin Potato "Nachos"
- 1 lb Wisconsin potatoes
- 1/2 lb cooked ground beef
- 1 cup grated Jalapeno Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Serve with salsa if desired
- While cooking the beef, season with 1 tsp Fajita Seasoning (if fajita seasoning is not available use 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder, 1⁄4 tsp oregano and a little salt and chili pepper to taste).
- Bake or microwave potatoes until done, (about 6-10 minutes on high in the microwave) or bake in oven at 425 for 30 minutes. Cut in half, allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop some of the flesh out of the Potato centers, leaving about 1⁄2” of the flesh next to the skin. Fill each potato half with cooked and seasoned Ground Beef and top with Jalapeno Jack Cheese.
- Place under the broiler until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each half with Sour Cream.
- Sprinkle chopped tomato & chopped cilantro on top of each and serve. Add a bowl of salsa on the table, spoon salsa over warm potato nachos.
- Enjoy the guilt-free nacho taste in a potato!
Calories: 197kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 15gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 154mgPotassium: 351mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 249IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!