- 1 Pound RUSSET OR WHITE WISCONSIN POTATOES
- 1/3 Cup Clarified Butter divided
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin divided
- 2 teaspoons New Mexico Chile Powder divided
- 8 Ounces Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 4 Each Green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1 Pound Pork or boned chicken cut into strips
- 1 Each Medium Onion sliced 1/4-inch thick and halved
- 1 teaspoon each Salt and Pepper
- 12 Cleaned lettuce Leaves
- 12 Prepared Taco Shells
- 1 cup Prepared Mexican Salsa
- Place grate 4-6-inches from heat, and heat grill.
- Sauté potatoes in a 12-inch skillet with half the clarified butter, stirring frequently, until light brown. Add half the cumin, chili powder and salt/pepper.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese and green onions; reserve.
- In a clean skillet, sauté pork or chicken in the remaining butter with the yellow onion slices and season with remaining spices, until meat is cooked through (3-4 minutes)
- Place one lettuce slice per taco and add pork, onions then potato mixture to each, top with salsa and serve! ENJOY!
Calories: 1kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 6mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 4IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 3mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!