- 1 tbsp oil coconut oil was used in this instance
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup yellow curry paste
- 4-5 medium potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 14 ounce-can coconut milk
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white or brown sugar artificial sweetener could be subsituted
- 2 - 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until fragrant and softened.
- Add the chicken and curry paste; saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with curry paste.
- Add the coconut milk and 1/2 cup water to the pot. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked, adding more water depending on the consistency you want for the sauce.
- Stir in the soy sauce and the sugar or sweetener.
Calories: 644kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 75gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 1089mgPotassium: 1387mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 12897IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 162mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!