- 5 pounds bone-in short ribs trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups Renwood Zinfandel
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 large Wisconsin potatoes washed, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 package frozen whole green beans 10 ounces
- 1 can peeled whole tomatoes undrained, 16 ounces
- Dredge ribs in flour to coat; reserve leftover flour.
- Heat oil in 8-quart Dutch oven on moderate heat.
- Add half of ribs and brown on all sides. Once browned, remove ribs.
- Repeat instructions for remaining ribs.
- Stir in the reserved flour. While stirring, add 1 cup water and wine and stir until thickened.
- Return ribs to the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer for about 1 hour, or until ribs are tender.
- Remove ribs with slotted spoon and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add potatoes, mushrooms and beans. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add ribs and tomatoes with liquid, and heat through.
- Use slotted spoon to remove meat and vegetables to large serving platter.
- Transfer gravy to serving container and serve with ribs.
Calories: 629kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 55gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 1377mgPotassium: 1139mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 81IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!