- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes with habaneras
- 6 potatoes peeled and medium cubed
- 1 large Vidalia onion or two small/medium onions
- 1 package Flour Tortillas
- 1 Container sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup water
- Prep to be done at home before leaving: Peel, wash, and cube potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Store in Zip lock bag with water and a little lemon juice to prevent oxidization. Also, halve and thin slice the onion, storing in Ziploc bag. Pour both cans of tomatoes in a bag for easy access at game. Do not drain tomatoes.
- At game, turn side burner on grill to medium and heat skillet with oil in it
- When oil is hot, add onions and caramelize with salt and pepper
- When onions are caramel colored, add undrained tomatoes, potatoes, and 1/2 cup water
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and all liquids are cooked off. Stir every 5-10 minutes and if all liquids cook off before the potatoes are soft, add more water to prevent burning.
- When potatoes are almost done, heat the grill to low and warm the tortillas directly grate until grill marks are on the tortillas. Fill with mixture and add a dollop of sour cream on top.
Calories |1232kcalCarbohydrates |223gProtein |26gFat |29gSaturated Fat |4gPolyunsaturated Fat |4gMonounsaturated Fat |20gSodium |83mgPotassium |5381mgFiber |28gSugar |10gVitamin A |26IUVitamin C |252mgCalcium |157mgIron |10mg