Mom’s Spring Soup
Mom's Spring Soup
- 5 meduim Wisconsin potatoes
- 1 pound Asparagus Spears
- 1/2 large Onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cartons Chicken Stock or Veggie Stock
- 1/2 pkg Orzo Pasta
- 3 cups Snow Peas Ends and Strings Removed
- 6 cups fresh spinach Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Snap the ends off of the asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces.Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes and chop the spinach. Set aside. In a Dutch oven or other pot cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil until they are tender. Add the chicken or veggie stock and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and orzo and reduce the heat. Boil uncovered for about fifteen minutes. Stir in the asparagus and snow peas and return to boiling for ten to fifteen minutes. Stir in spinach and pepper and cook for about one more minute.
- If you want, stir some pesto into each bowl of soup and top with parmesan cheese.
Calories: 173kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 8gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 251mgPotassium: 391mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 2018IUVitamin C: 51mgCalcium: 162mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!