- 8 flour tortillas
- 2-3 medium russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp gound cumin
- 6 oz Chorizo sausage
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Grated sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp (or to taste) hot sauce
- green onions sliced
- cilantro chopped
- pico de gallo
- avocado sliced
- pickled jalapenos sliced
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve the tacos.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover, by 1 inch, with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a skillet over medium/high heat. Add the drained potatoes, sprinkle with the cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly crispy and lightly browned around the edges.
- Spoon the cooked potatoes into a bowl and set aside. Crumble the sausage into the skillet and cook over medium/high heat until sausage is evenly browned.
- While the sausage is browning, begin working on the scrambled eggs. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk salt and pepper together until combined.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring continuously till almost firm. Be careful to cook just until the eggs are set. Overcooking will give the eggs a rubbery texture.
- To assemble, fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of eggs, 1/4 cup crispy potatoes, a spoonful of Chorizo sausage and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt sauce and serve.
Calories: 1754kcalCarbohydrates: 215gProtein: 69gFat: 68gSaturated Fat: 36gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 5913mgPotassium: 2294mgFiber: 11gSugar: 26gVitamin A: 1827IUVitamin C: 72mgCalcium: 694mgIron: 14mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!