Camping Irish Nacho Potatoes
- 4 oz pre-cooked sliced bacon chopped
- 2 tbls Butter chopped into quarters
- 2 lbs small Wisconsin potatoes cooked, drained, cubed
- 4 oz medium sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tbls Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 scallions cleaned and finely sliced
- 2 tbls pickled jalapeno slices chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Heat half of the bacon and the butter in a large grill/fire safe pan on the medium high heat. Set aside.
Place the cubed potatoes into pan and coat with butter. Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to move them around. Stir and cook for about 12minutes stirring so that they start to brown on all sides.
When slightly brown mix in half of the cheese. Cook 5 more minutes until the cheese gets melty .
Sprinkle on Tex-Mex seasoning. Add rest of cheese, the scallions , peppers, and the salsa in spoonfuls over the top of the potatoes . Cook 2-3 more minutes and remove from grill/heat.
Add the dollop of sour cream.
These can be served right from the pan or slid onto a serving dish.
Calories: 117kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 303mgPotassium: 151mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 570IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg