Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes
Courtesy of the United States Potato Board
- 11/4 lbs Russet red or yellow potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Each: nonfat plain yogurt & fat-free milk
- 11/2 tbsp Heart-healthy buttery spread
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt or 1⁄2garlic salt
- 1/2 cup Reduced-fat Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup Julienne sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp Snipped fresh basil
- 2 Green onions sliced
- 1 can sliced ripe olives drained, 2.2-oz.
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain well.
Transfer back to pot and mash well, then stir in yogurt, milk, buttery spread and salt. Gently stir in remaining ingredients and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more to heat through.
Calories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 7gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 162mgPotassium: 1317mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 63IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3mg