Go Beyond Fish Fries and Fries
Potatoes and fish make for a wonderful combination. And while Wisconsinites love a Friday night Fish Fry, we thought we’d provide some alternatives you can make at home.
- Baked Fish and Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic. Is your mouth watering yet? This meal allows you to choose from mahi mahi, red snapper, bass or grouper — and the site even shares a variety of white wines that perfectly complement this meal.
- Cajun Shrimp Potato Chowder. This meal packs a delicious punch with shrimp. red potatoes, fresh spinach and fresh bell peppers.
- Tomato Topped Fish and Potato Bake. This easy-to-make one-pan meal provides a unique combination — with crisp potatoes layered along the bottom and your choice of cod, halibut or haddock above. Top with fresh tomatoes and you’re all set.
- Cajun Shrimp with Potatoes. Think seafood-stuffed-baked potato.
- Salmon and Potato Pie. Noted as a French-Canadian family favorite, this dish is sure to please.
- Seafood Stuffed Potatoes. Looking for a healthy alternative? This recipe offers low-fat and low-calorie options.
- Corn-and-Potato Seafood Chowder. Don’t miss this one — this chowder combines hot sauce, seafood, Yukon Gold potatoes and a slew of veggies.